Friday, April 5, 2013

Regional UIL

Regional's in this tiny town is a huge ordeal. We have 24 students competing in the Regional meet on April 19. In my event, looking classy is a definite MUST, because it is a speaking event and there are judges. They say they don't look at your personal image, but I personally think they do. If it were REALLY close between two students and they had nothing else to judge- it would matter whether you were wearing jeans and a t-shirt (not that any one would dare to do so) or you were wearing a women's skirt suit. My "Coach" - it's hard to call her a "Coach" because she is this sweet little librarian who doesn't exactly fit the mean Coach category- She prefers us to wear black because it is classy. At the district meet I wore a white and black button up shirt, black pencil skirt, nude hose, black pointed flats, and my mother's pearl set. In a couple of weeks at Regional's I will be wearing a black top with pearls and silver beads around the neck line, black and white stripped knee length skirt, nude hose, black pumps or black flats, and my mother's pearl set once again (I'm pretty sure it's good luck), BUT I will only be wearing what is listed above if the weather allows me because we all know that the weather around here is CRAZY. Last weekend was beautiful! I'm talking jeans shorts beautiful and then this week is snows. This weather is out of control.       

No comments:

Post a Comment